Monday, March 26, 2012

Moving On Up (Moving On Up!)
To the East Side...

Okay, okay, OKAY! More like the south side. I get it, jeez...

So, honestly, where do these moneyless homeless people get the markers? Do they hold up blank pieces of cardboard until someone donates a marker, and then they get to come up with whatever it is they're begging for? Don't get me wrong--I know they aren't homeless because they're lazy, or stupid, or what-have-you. It sometimes happens to the best of people! But seriously--where are they getting the markers? Is there a "Place a Marker/Take a Marker" bin near homeless alleys? Do they save up that first donation just to buy a pack at the dollar store? What's the deal there? Maybe Sharpie has some type of tax-write-off deal for donating markers to the needy? Who knows...

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Then there are the shitheads that pull out in front of you just to slam on the brakes twenty-five feet further down the road and make you slam on the brakes again while they wait to make that all-important left turn into the adult bookstore... Do they charge late fees at adult bookstores? Is it imperative you not wait for an actual break in traffic because those extra five minutes will mean Debbie Does Dallas won't be rented by someone in a desperate way because you were that late in returning it? And why are they called adult bookstores when really they are adult video stores? Is that just a PA thing?

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

And, I'm not sure why this crosses my mind at this moment, but I betcha there's a whole subculture of turtles that just don't get that turtlenecks are not made from actual turtle necks, and thus their protests are more than just a tad useless... But it does beg the question as to where the turtles are getting their markers for their protest signs...

Irregardless (which is just a fancy way of saying "Regardless"...), in five more days I blow this popsicle stand (which is a "I'm hiding my true emotions" way of saying "Sweet Jesus I'm gonna miss these people, but not the weather"...), and I still have so much to do that I honestly shouldn't be blogging at this moment, but I find it easier to deal with emotion by spewing the written word... Which is odd as I was told just a few short days ago that communication is my "biggest issue."

Figures... I may actually have to stop a homeless guy and ask him where he gets the markers. I may take up cardboard signage instead of blogging... THEN we'll see who can't communicate...

Be that as it may, as I look forward to my new life, my new beau (not to be confused with an old beau named Beaux who is coming to Florida with me--also known to the current roomie as that black-headed step child...), my new digs, and my new office, I can't help but grin ear to ear, while simultaneously shedding a tear...

Damn, I'm gonna miss these people...

I'm moving on south...

1 comment:

Tru said...

OK OK...so I said I wouldn't get teary this week...but who knows, I find myself getting teary reading this!! :)

You're one of my Favorite People in the World JASON HUGHES!! I will miss you and I'm truly glad that you've been staying with me for the last two months, I've enjoyed your company (The BLACK-HEADED Step Child...well that's another story, and the WHITE-HEADED Step Child TABLE episode...again, another story)

I'm hoping to be able to swing down to good ole Southern Florida more often than not, but we all know my plans don't always come through...only time will tell.


I wish many things for you:-) All good things; Confidence in the decisions you make, Peace and Warmth in Southern FLA, and the REALIZATION you're worth EVERYTHING you want for yourself!! Worry about what you want and need for a change my friend. YOU take care of YOU and be strong enough to put YOU 1st; I know how new of a concept it is, thrive in some independence!! TRUST me it feels GOOD!!!