Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Here's Your Sign..."

Actually, not so much. When you wait four weeks to proudly proclaim to your right-wing-filled, Sarah-Palin-loving, McDush-hugging neighborhood that you are not on board the "Straight Talk Regress," it's a bit disappointing when only two of the four signs you ordered arrived, and the two you did get? Aren't for outdoor use...

I'm hoping they just shipped them in a different box and will arrive promptly to put a snag in the McCalin orgy that is happening up and down my street...
Shifting gears...
Is it just me? Last week we had "the worst losses ever" on Wall Street--all we heard was "Like 1929, but worse!" and "It's going to keep getting worse!" But as soon as we step in and say, "Here ya go! No worries! We have your back! We'll buy your bad debt!", suddenly Wall Street has the single biggest gain ever in history? This was The Financial Crisis??? Are you kidding me?

Granted, I'm no economist. I readily admit that: "Hello, my name is Jason, and I am not an economist." ("Hi Jason!!") But it seems to me that if the crisis were THAT BAD, and we were THAT CLOSE to the edge of FINANCIAL COLLAPSE, ECONOMIC RUIN, and THE MONETARY APOCALYPSE, you would think Wall Street would have a bit more discretion than to just jump right back on that wagon, wouldn't you?

It's that old axiom: the safer you feel, the more risk you take...

Something tells me Wall Street is feeling pretty damn safe, which makes me feel even less so, no matter how many times Dancing Monkey Shrubya decides to get on television and mumble. But as long as the millionaires and billionaires don't find out what it's like to be middle class, eh? What would America be if not for our rich, wealthy, and affluent ruining the rest of the world, right?

In other news (and a much happier note...), hats must be off to my little brother--he's getting MARRIED!!! And I have to say I'm overcome with happiness, not only for him, but for the awesome woman he has chosen as his bride.

Congratulations to my baby brother and his future wife! I love both of you very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello jason! i am no economist either but i really think it is one more scare thing that the goverment is doing to us so they can get into all our lives even deeper. i don't trust any of the people in the white house and i don't think any of them really care about us. i do understand sarah alot better than any of them. i don't know if she really cares any more than the men that are running but i understand her a bit more than the men when she talks. she seems more 'normal' than any of the men running. and on the last thing you said about michael and shannon getting hitched is cool!! i love them both and think they are good for each other! i love to watch them together. you can see how much they love each other and that just makes me smile! :) :) :) well, again jason, i don't think you have to worry about who is going to run this country since it is already decided and the power that is running this is just laughing at us all. i think this country has more money than any of us can shake a stick at and the people with the billions are pulling all the strings and are power crazy. got to go. love and prayers

Anonymous said...

I agree with mom - on the whole shannon and mike thing. Those two are so cute to watch together.
And this whole economic thing...well, lets just say it's the "American way" to be in debt... that's just how this country is.
Anyway, love ya lots
Red