Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Gettin' Hot in Here...

Yeah, I suck at this blogging thing every spring. I know it, you know it, Fred Astaire would know it if he (a) were alive and (b) read blogs, but them's the breaks. I'm not quite sure he would appreciate the content, but I'd like to think he liked the style. I'd also like to think I could afford that trip to Europe, but then again, that's what the Discovery channel is for--we poor saps who dream big, get paid squat, and, in fact, consider putting on sun glasses and sitting in NYC with a metal coffee cup saying things like "Alms for the poor!", "The End is Near," and "Of Course God Loves Fags--They're the Best-Lookin' for a Reason!"

You get the idea. I'm rambling. It seems to be my writing of choice. I'd blame my mother, but she already gets blamed for the arthritis at an early age and trying to kill me three times as a child through pure ignorance and neglect, but that's a separate ramble. Altogether hilarious, mind you--any story involving my mother, a medical disease book her own doctor told her to throw away, and a medicine cabinet that contains Tylenol, Tums, and a can of Aquanet is sure to be a belly-buster.

Like the pic? Yeah, they're hot.

If I could go back in time and not almost die three times (still love you Mom!--does that mean I should be in therapy? I suppose I should ask a therapist...), I'd like to think that things would be different, things could have changed--but I also just watched The Time Traveler's Wife (cried like a baby, I did) so that theory got blown out of the water before it started... Much like my co-workers idea to smash into Taylor Swifts house just so he can meet her. (I advised him to think through that plan a bit longer than the half hour he'd claimed to put into it). I'm thinking he may just be too lazy to be an actual stalker... Something else that never seems to work out for anyone...

Where was I? Oh, yeah--they're hot, no doubt about it. And yes, they're turning blue. When your partner has a broken leg, inspiration is far and few between because you have... "other things"... on your mind. Did I just blame not blogging on not getting enough nooky? I think I did. But them's the breaks... No pun intended.

Hmm... Buns... (Pun is to Bun like...?) Yeah, well, it segued nicely for me.

It's been a looooooong three months, people. But we're getting there. One step at a time... With a walker...

So hot...

No comments: