Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life: That annoying time of consciousness between naps...

Tonight I will be sleeping in a bed... (Er, not the one pictured, FYI. That'd be too much of a good thing...) I never thought I would miss a bed so much... I pride myself on being pretty much able to sleep anywhere at any time. In fact, it was in the military that I first learned how to sleep while standing at attention... (It's more an art form then an actual way to catch a few Zs, but I digress...)

Richie is once again home from the hospital--long story (much longer than Cher's farewell tour!)--and after 10 days of sleeping hospital, eating hospital, and being awoken every few hours by nurses built like tanks with only their current mission in mind in hospityal (how can it possibly be a healing environment when they wake you up every few hours??), once my head hits that pillow...

Ahhhhhhh.... Just me, a mattress, some plump pillows, and a conjugal visit or two from a plethora of dream men who have missed my company... (Hey, there my dreams, I'll decide if they miss my company or not!) And seeing as how Rich is recuperating at his parents house with a very broken leg... Well, let's just say my dreams are all I'm getting for a while... Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Such is life, eh? And while tonight I float on a cloud of springs and foam and dream the dreams that I have been robbed of these last ten days, it will be the most grateful I've been in a long time to avoid that thing called Life, also known as that annoying time of consciousness between naps...

1 comment:

Red said...

I know the feeling all too well when it comes to trying to get rest while staying in a hospital. It just doesn't happen.
When I was in and out of the hospital during Olivia's pregnancy, they would always tell me to get bed rest... lots and lots of bed rest. However, I had to get up every couple of hours to check my blood pressure, pee in cups, be weighed, so on and so on...
It sucks...
I love you and Rich so very much! Take care. And this too shall pass!