Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Betty Crocker Look...


Me: Definitely black.
Rich: Uh...
Me: Just think about it...
Rich: I am, and... The ceiling?
Me: With maple beams and recessed lighting...
Rich: It seems so--morbid.
Me: It’s not like I’m moving a coffin in!
Rich: May as well...
Yes, dear reader, you know the routine by now, do you not? We’re painting another room--our room, this time. Two walls have gone redwood, two walls camel tan. The hardwood floors are a golden maple, and there are two rather nice-size windows with matching golden maple trim--it’s going to be a classy mod look with a hint of rustic, if you can catch my vibe here...

Rich: And track lighting is so.... So...
Me: 1983?
Rich: Yeah, sounds about right.
Me: Who mentioned track lighting?
Rich: You did!
Me: Recessed lighting, not track lighting. This isn’t an art gallery, it’s a bedroom!
Rich: It’s a morgue.
Me: Yes, yes, that’s the look I’m going for. I thought it’s be a nice change from what everyone else does with their bedrooms. Very TrueBlood meets Betty Crocker.
Rich: Ha-ha, very funny.
Me: Look, does the rest of what I’ve done look good?
Rich: (Shrugs.) Yeah, it does.
Me: Okay then, have a little more faith, okay?
Rich: Seems I have no choice. I’ll pick out a suit to wear while I lay in state every night.
Me: Yes, and I’ll check your teeth for lipstick.

3 comments:

Tru said...

OK...I'm exactly 1,272 miles away from you...yet I'm laughing so loud you should be able to hear me!!! Between this and the Walmart conversation...you've made my day!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

mom said...

hello jason! it is fun doing a room over. it isn't fun trying to get your other half to see what you see. but you will both get on the same page i hope. i am excited that it is back on! :) last night they had reruns and stupid hockey and basketball on. isn't hockey and basketball winter sports??? it is june. it should of been over by now. well, hope your room gets to done soon. i also wanted you to know i like the picture of the horseshoe. i know it was a heavy piece and i had some thoughts but don't feel like commenting but the picture is so cool. :) who cares about what you wrote. :) love and prayers

mom said...

hello jason! i realize my thoughts and my typing did not go together in my last comment. i am excited that true blood is back on. just wanted to clear that up. winter sports in june can get me upset. :) love and prayers