Thursday, April 2, 2009

Awkwardness....

Even the word looks a bit off, doesn't it?

I'm supposed to take a woman who has been doing this job for over 25 years in the green thing industry and make her "faster."

I've been with this company for seven years, doing this job for three, have been told repeatedly that I am the fastest and most profitable AT this job (not to brag, just stating what I've been told), and am supposed to take my "fastness" and impart this wisdom of speed and profitability onto her...

Awkwardness...

I've always been the fastest at ANY position I've held. I'm a fast learner, I take shortcuts when necessary, and when I get bored, I tend to be a very BAD employee--which is why I like this job--there isn't much time for boredom, hence, I'm almost always the good guy...

But I've never been told to take old dogs and teach them new tricks like this before...

Adding to the awkwardness is it's pretty well-known that I don't like this person. I've never been a fan of people who are bad at their jobs, know that they're bad at their jobs, yet keeping making excuses for why they are bad at their jobs. I find it pitiful and repugnant to continually punish your fellow coworkers for your incompetence! But that could just be me...

Let the punishment begin...

No comments: