Monday, July 21, 2008

What if God Was One of Us...?


I actually forgot how sexy god was, to tell you the honest truth. Since Joan of Arcadia went off the air eons ago, Rich has been belly-aching and belly-aching about this tragic loss in his life... So, being the loving, caring, wanting-to-not-listen-to-the-whining-anymore husband that I am, I bought him Season 1 for our 9-year anniversary...

Thus, I refound sexy god... I'd sleep with him in a heartbeat... If I weren't already taken... Or a Mormon... Hmm....

Of course, a lot of fundies love to think that if god were one of us, he'd be going to church very Sunday, munching on wafers and drinking wine, and whipping out a "Bless you!" to every Tom and Hairy Dick that walked by, preaching the virtues of preventing gay marriage and keeping women from controlling their reproductive lives...

You really think an all-powerful deity would care? Do you really?

As Gandhi once said, "I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

I've been trying to avoid certain subjects lately ("No, we all love your gardening stories, Jason--really!") while waiting for something I think I'm not supposed to know about to resolve itself... It's been going on for--what, three, four weeks?--but things are stalled, at an impasse, as it were.

I'm trying to be nice. It's hard these days, though, let me tell you. Since I no longer fear confrontation like I used to (and don't ask me why--I have no idea...), it is now an effort work to keep from confronting people on issues of great consequence...

Sigh. The ironies of life, eh?

At least god became sexy... Albeit briefly, and, as ever, fictionally...

No comments: