Sunday, September 23, 2007

... hallowed be thy name...

I'm sorry, but if your entire world view starts with the premise that man is somehow "flawed," and that there is some type of supernatural battle for souls being waged in an alternate universe, OF COURSE you're going to think that the world is going to hell in a pretty little hand basket complete with a lifetime supply of dark chocolate...

BTW, god's name is YHWH, *not* "god." Therefore, saying "Oh my god" is *not* taking "the lord's name in vain," no matter how much you wish it was so; and there's no logical, sane, or reasonable way to portray this (the cultural reference of "Oh my god") as somehow "proof" that there is a god...

Sigh...

Sometimes I think it's amazing I'm sane...

1 comment:

DaBich said...

Sane? I'm not sane, never claimed to be LOL

It amazes me tho, how many people exclaim "Oh My God" when something bad happens. Many of them will claim they don't believe in God.