Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Like Watercolors in the Rain...

Dreams continue to be pounded on... The colors of our lives become washed out, faded, swirling down the drain into oblivion... All that's left is a canvas that hints at what used to be a colorful world, a bright world, a happy world, a seemingly perfect world...

We certainly don't live in a perfect world. This may be life, but Walgreen's it's not. I think it's barely a truck stop, let alone a convenience store of filled with pharmaceuticals for every perceived ailment we bestow some nifty initials on...

The gigantic splash ripples out, and while the people at the center of the tsunami have a hard time seeing beyond that great wall of water, the rest of us try to stay afloat on our rafts, paddling our hardest towards the ones we love at the center, hoping we can help in some way, whether it be to pull them out of the water, prevent them from drowning, or at the very least be a life vest they can cling to at the darkest of times, even if we can't get them out onto dry land on our own...

My heart bleeds for those I love, knowing there's nothing I can do but hope for the best while preparing for the worst...

I try to see the beauty, try to see the good that could yet happen...

I try to see a new canvas, one created from two, and hope that beauty and harmony can be restored in these separate pieces, even though it may be nothing like the original they were inspired by...

While there may be no roses, there could still be life... And at least without roses, there aren't thorns either...

You have my love, and any help I can offer...

But I can't save you...

Only you can save yourselves...

No comments: