Thursday, February 1, 2007

Woe Is Me!!!; Or, More Wisdom from Slappy...

Apparently, I have an utterly horrendous existence! Who knew? I am apparently clueless as to the moral depravity, the tremendous chaos that his my life! Luckily, a few brave individuals, notably Anonymous, have offered their wisdom and power! Here is a comment a received from a brave, true soul who loves their Jesus so much they aren't ashamed to put their name on their words! What freedom they must have in Christ! Wow!
Slappy wrote Why do I pity you? Well, first of all, because you are so angry and it shows in your writing.
If you could please pull an actual quote from my writings which screams bloody anger at sky god, please do so. Otherwise, I only have your word, and I somehow don't put much stock in that... All you have to do is find a quote somewhere on this 280-odd post blog in which anger is abundantly clear. Please make sure it is in context, as well.

Slappy wrote: Secondly, because you seem to have turned your back on the values you were raised with.
Um, no I haven't. I don't lie, cheat, or steal. I treat everyone with respect until they don't deserve it anymore. I have yet to murder anyone, although some people know how to make it very, very tempting to rid the world of idiocy. I go to work, pay my taxes, keep my house clean(ish), show respect for my mother and father; treat others kindly to a point. Where have I abandoned these "values"? You probably are referring to the "gay" thing, am I right? How is being gay "immoral"? Please be specific, and avoid using your fairy tale book as a basis; plenty of people are moral in the world who don't subscribe to it, so it's a false argument. Be original, show some creativity.

Slappy wrote: Thirdly, because you are so lost in your world of sin and hate that you don't even see that you are living in sin and hate.
Again, please cite specific examples in which I, Jason Hughes, on a daily basis, engage in "sin" and "hate."

Slappy wrote: Fourthly, because you pride yourself on denying God and one-upping others while making Christians out to be ignorant and helpless in order to make yourself appear more intelligent and not as gullible as those poor ignorant followers of Christ.
You give me way too much credit and yourself too little. You don't need my help in sounding ignorant. I would never call you helpless--never have, in fact. Try not to lie, please. It is one of your top ten, you know. I also don't need anyone's approval or acceptance to "feel" intelligent; which, oddly enough, kind of screams against your first point, doesn't it? (HINT Yes, it does.) Are you gullible? Yes. Everyone is to an extent. Do I pride myself on "denying god"? I suppose so, in a way. I think everyone takes a little pride in what they believe (as you do), but suddenly, because it's not what you're proud about, it's a "sin." Funny, that.

Slappy wrote: Fifthly, because you don't see that you are living on the edge of a precipice - the edge of life and death.
What insight you have into the circle of life! Hello, we could all die at any given moment. But, of course, you speak metaphorically of "eternal death" in hell fire, do you not? Your "metaphor" still falls flat, but regardless, we all walk in life with the full knowledge that at some point we will all die. If you have something to add to that, feel free. Otherwise, you've only stated an obvious fact of life and not really made a point...

Slappy wrote: Sixthly, because you don't want to see that God is real - you would rather explain God away using scientific 'crap' evidence when you know full well that God is the creator of everything.
Please provide, in context, some evidence of "crap" science on this site. You know full well I don't post "crap" science. As an added bonus, science is not in the business of disproving sky god. Science is in the business of answering the "why's" and "how's" of life. The fact that you're too simple-minded to realize when your ill-conceived notions of faith in a fairy tale doesn't mesh with some of those answers is your issue, not mine. Many of faith have managed to marry the facts and theories of science with their faith--wonder why you can't? Please, point out where I've posted "crap" science. Humor a heathen a bit longer, if you will...

And what is this "I know full well" crap? Suddenly you're a mind reader? If I "knew" sky god "made everything," why would I say I don't? Are you really that obtuse?

Slappy wrote: Seventhly (is that even a word?), (No, but neither was sixthly, fifthly, and fourthly...) because if you died today, you would spend eternity in hell.
Yes, you said. In fact, you sound a bit like a broken record. But that's just my opinion...

Slappy wrote: Eighthly (okay I'll stop the number words), because if Jesus came back today and all the Christians were gone from the earth,
"If Jesus came back today..." Hmm, well, maybe not today, perhaps tomorrow, eh? Better luck next time... In fact, when you start a statement with "if," it almost sounds like you're beginning to doubt... I could understand that after 2000 years. But keep the faith! It could come any time now!!! Of course, I'll just TiVo it... And if the (fundamentalist) Christians all do suddenly disappear, I'll look for your bodies where they found the bodies of David Koresh's followers... Don't worry.... You'll get a "christian" burial... :D

Slappy wrote: you would still be so stubborn as to deny the rapture and deny God because you are so bitter toward the idea of God and God Himself.
Wow... are you a psychologist?! Your insight into my wretched life is so...

LOL! I'm not bitter about anything--well, maybe that I can't always get Eddy's Chocolate Chip Mocha ice cream at Super fresh--they sell out of that flavor faster than anything! Please post, in context and from this sight, me sounding bitter. Of course, since you are being asked to back up all these claims that you make, I understand how this could take some time... How about till next Monday? I wonder what Jesus would do...

Slappy wrote: I could go on,
Umm, not until the "rapture" you won't... or death... Place your bets now, people! Who thinks Slappy will be raptured before he/she dies? Who thinks Slappy will die before the rapture?

Slappy wrote: but it is a waste of type and time--
You undervalue your entertainment value... I guess that's the same attitude Jesus would have taken, eh?

Slappy wrote: you have a Pharaoh's heart
Now I'm royalty? Is that your attempt to wash my feet?

Slappy wrote: that can only be penetrated by God himself
Hmm, wouldn't that be interfering with the whole "free will" concept? Hmm, I think it would be... But then again, you have no trouble marrying the concept of free will and interference by sky god, do you?

Slappy wrote: --I hope it doesn't take a tragedy to make you understand what you are doing by denying God.
You keep saying that--is that a threat? Are you a terrorist? You're starting to sound like one... Perhaps Bush is tracking your URL right now... You probably voted for him, so I suppose you don't care that he would violate your civil liberties like that, right?

Slappy wrote: My words will not affect you in any way, I know that,
Again, underestimating your entertainment value...

Slappy wrote: but I pray that the Spirit of God will change your heart
Once again interfering in our supposedly god-given "free will."

Slappy wrote: and make you realize your desperate need for a Saviour.
Sounds like your desperate for something... Is it that you need affirmation? You won't get that here--but you knew that, right? You are starting to sound bitter that I live freely and happily without sky god while you seem codependent on the idea. Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful, really. You, too, could leave free of such a codependent relationship. You just need to use your noggin... Seriously, you sound really angry about me not believing in your psychosomatic, codependent-fostering, faith-based-figment sky god. Bitter, tortured, self-hating... You should seek professional help. You know they have programs for recovering Christians. Just let me know, and I'll provide you with some information...

Nothing is scarier than facing your belief head on and trying to figure out why you believe it, is there?

Remember, you have till this coming Monday to back up your claims...

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see.........Jesus Loves Me This I Know or Its Off To Hell I Go? The whole thing screams bitterness. I coul continue going back through your archives, but every post is oozing with anger at God. AND yes I do think your lifestyle is immoral and you know why - do you really need me to explain the Adam and Eve thing? I would have thought you would have heard it enough by now. The truth is that no matter what I tell you (or anyone else apparently), you will not see any other point of view. I dont have the time or feel like putting forth the effort to refute your claims - have a great night

Jason Hughes said...

Dude, you are obtuse!

Perhaps you should look up bitterness in the dictionary--you may learn something.

Pointing out false logic in religious dogma isn't bitterness, Slappy.

And that's the best you can do? "You know why I think it's immoral"? So much for creativity, half-wit...

BTW, how's the weather in Tennessee this time of year?

Rob said...

I dont see that Jason made any claims, he simply asked you to back up yours.

I think you failed, Anonymous.

Thats a shame as I was looking forward to what you would use to back up what you said about him. Ive been reading his blog for a time now and I have to say Ive come to vastly differing conclusions than you, Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

you cocksuckers like to stick together, don't you?

you silly faggots are going to burn in hell.

Jason Hughes said...

Well, this is quite the menagerie...

Welcome, Rob, to the blog... Thanks for being a reader and now a commenter...

Anonymous #2, you go to metaphorical hell...

And, well, whom I'll assume is the original Anonymous (Slappy), you'll still have till Monday to try to make your points, if you can...

Anonymous said...

Just curious if anonymous is a member of Westboro Baptist Church?? Really sad how hateful some people can be..........

mel said...

what's wrong with tennessee?

mom said...

hello jason! i know my 2 cents might not go to far but i like to know if anon. #1 is the same person that wrote down at anon. #4 (after rob)? if so using words that are like whoever is using shows how insecure they are i think. i don't like using words that are 'not nice' since i feel when you have a talent in using words you should not go and use words that are not nice. and before anyone gets all fired up and tells me about my kids using some not so nice words i told them the same thing. and i will say i do understand that they have a right to but i just think there are enough words out there to let your feelings known without using words that are claimed to be not nice words. i do use a dictionary to look up the words i don't really understand. i know i am getting on a soap box but after reading this i forgot what the point you all are trying to get across since i feel this anon. is as bitter as you claim jason is. he just uses God to go with his bitterness. God does want us to spread His word but not pushing it down someones throat. you can disagree with jason with some love and if God gives you any kind of point you can make it with a bit more love. hellfire sermons are not for everyone. i think they should be kept for the believing crowd to remember what they are saved from. most people respond to talking WITH not AT. i do pray for jason and his blog makes me think and in turn that makes my faith stronger some how. i believe God is about the love we show to each other even more so after we are saved and to let others see the love and the change only God can give. i could go on but i do think if someone wants to know more they will ask and that will be the time to talk or type. :) i will always let people know i am a child of God but not to the point i offend or hurt someone. you have the truth behind you anon. but you don't have to use to knock people out that is Gods area not ours. well, thats my 2 cents and jason if you have more lighthearted stuff maybe these anon. people would but a name to the comments they make. :) love and prayers ps this is for darkmind, glad to see you made a comment. i was wondering how the sleep thing is going for you? i also am going to make a comment on your comment on one of these many blogs of jasons. :) you actually made me think. did you smell my brain burning down in GA!?!

Ann said...

To Mel,
There is nothing wrong with TN. The Westboro Baptist Church I'm speaking of is in Kansas, if you do an internet search you will see they are very cruel people.
Anon #3 or Ann

Anonymous said...

I took your advice and I looked up the definition of bitterness. According to Wikipedia, bitterness is "an emotion similar to resentment". Anyone that has first grade reading skills can see the resentment you have toward God and Christians. If my pointing out your bitterness makes me obtuse, then I am extremely obtuse. You are exceptionally defensive for someone who puts his life on a blog for everyone to see. Oh yeah, I am not the same anon that said the c-word and the f-word - not my style and not a representative of God.

Jason Hughes said...

Well you apparently lack in first grade reading skills, then Slappy.

After a got over the small heart attack I had when you admitted to opening another book besides the bibble (isn't that sacrilage? you know they give the definition of "evolution" in the dictionary, don't you? I would think that's a "crap science" book to you...), you still manage to apply it all wrong... I think "frustration with fundie idiots" would be a better phrase than bitterness, but if you feel you need to project your feeling upon me, whatever.

You still have till Monday to show proof positive evidence on my sight of:

1. Anger in my posts
2. Daily examples of "sin" and "hate" in my life
3. Evidence of "crap science" LOL!
4. Any evidence of "bitterness"
5. An explanation of the "immorality" of homosexuality outide the bible

Good luck!

Jason Hughes said...

To Mel: where did I imply anything was rong with Tenessee?

To Ann: They sure sound like it, don't they! LOL! Long time no see! How are you and the fam? We have to start planning another game night!!! Love and hugs!

To Mom: Wow, someone woke up on the soap box today LOL. We can discuss the finer points of your post on Sunday if you like. Otherwise you run the risk of another fundie calling you a "not real" Christian... :D Love and hugs!

Darkmind said...

Jason, you know I love these battles, and being an agent of evil, my purpose is not to take sides, but to prolong the discord...
To be fair to the "nice" anonymous blogger, giving a Christian a Monday deadline is like giving them a Saturday deadline (which is tomorrow). They can't work on Sunday, so that's not fair. Give them until a WEEK from Monday, that way they get at least two doses of church between now and then to keep them motivated for the debate, and they will have time to review your VERY extensive blog (some of your entries are quite long and take a long time just to read, let alone interpret and analyze)! And technically, one could say you show bitterness toward sky god, but it is a bit of a stretch to do so. Bitterness derives from the words "bitter"-(one definition of which being 'difficult to admit or accept' as in 'a bitter lesson') and "ness"-(when used to modify a word attaches 'of or having the quality of' to the definition of the root word.) You are reluctant to admit or accept the existance of god.

Although to be fair to Jason, you often give clear and often thoroughly sourced reasons for not believing in god, and arguing a non-belief in something that may not exist in the first place is moot, and would not constitute bitterness, the strict definition of which being "a feeling of deep anger or ill-will". You clearly do not show these things toward sky god or his ignorant followers as "deep anger and ill-will" are not the same as "frustration" or even "perplexity". (note 'ignorant followers' does not necessarily refer to all of his followers, only the ignorant ones ;) ).

And you know, I had some constructive criticism for the "rude" anonymous blogger, but opted not to post them. Who needs that broken record? Besides, I think my work is done here...BWA HA HA HA!!!

Sylvia said...

Hey Ja! LOL well, here it goes...
there's so much to read! My freakin eyes hurt...anyway....I'm going to start with all the anonymous'.....again...why are you SOOOOOO afraid to post your name? You obviously have loads of passion in your writing, so why not back it up with some courage???? LOL some people are such morons..."ooohhh..i'm so tough, but i won't post my real name...because if I do, I might have some balls..." (give me a freakin break)
so, to the real nasty anonymous - you know who you are -

Anonymous said...
you cocksuckers like to stick together, don't you?
you silly faggots are going to burn in hell.

silly faggots, hm? I wonder... are you just upset because we didn't include you?? hmm??? Next time, I promise, you can play with us. Now, go tell your mommy that your diaper needs changed! go on, now...scoot...

do us all a favor and shut up...and when you have something real to say, please come back at a later time. and thanks for flying Air Jason!

HI MOM!!!

HI JASON!!!

HI ANN!

ok, I think that'll do it!
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Okay, apparently you are bitter AND dense! I have made it very clear that every one of your posts that are about God, Christians, etc. are teeming with bitterness! I thank you for giving me until Monday (freak)to come up with something, but I dont need that long. EVERYONE READING THIS: In reference to Jason's bitterness toward God and "Fundies", please see all posts concerning the aforementioned God and Fundies. THANK YOU. (Oh yes, I forgot, I do not live in Tennessee, but I hear it is a beautiful place.......I do however live in Pennsylvania as you do, maybe we are even neighbors, wouldnt that be interesting?)

Sincerely,
Obtuse

Jason Hughes said...

I reworked your comment, Slappy, to reflect the reality of what you were trying to say but couldn't:

Okay, apparently you (know I am) are bitter AND dense! I have made it very clear that (since I can't find anything to back up my claims, I will stick with generalizations that) every one of your posts that are about (the unexistant) God, (moronic, fundamentalist) Christians, etc. are (yes, they are) teeming with bitterness! I thank you for giving me until Monday (but because I am such a) (freak) (and know I don't have a snowball's chance in hell) to come up with something, but I dont need that long (to realize the futility of my position). EVERYONE READING THIS (knows Jason is right and I was wrong): In reference to (my claims of) Jason's bitterness toward God and "Fundies", (I was wrong; if you) please see all posts concerning the aforementioned God and Fundies (you'll realize he just points out god's nonexitsance and fundamentalist idiocy and hypocrisy). THANK YOU. (Oh yes, I forgot, I do not live in Tennessee, but I hear it is a beautiful place (for fundamentalist morons such as myself to get to the heart of the bible belt).......I do however live in Pennsylvania as you do (so I have hope in escpaing my religious prison in the growing secular Northeast area), maybe we are even neighbors, wouldnt that be interesting?) (I am) Sincerely, (truly) Obtuse...

rob said...

Im going to half to agree with darkminds assessment of what seems to be the big issue here. But while Jasons blog topics of choice usually revolve around the nonexistance of God, and in his reality of perception it is moot for him to argue a nonexistance, the fact of the matter is that so many do believe in this God that his reality is shaped a lot on a daily basis by his followers, if not God himself, so I think for him to argue against it is within his realm of arguing with a degree of possibility--that is; while he may not believe in god and therefore arguing his nonexistance is in itself maybe a pointless venture, the followers of this nonexistant God do infringe upon his daily life (most notably with the anonymouses that keep cropping up) and therefore, arguing against the followers and their actions and words are definately not moot in any regard, but a very real threat to his way of life. Freedom of liberty is threatened by the religious right whether or not God is real, and therefore any argument not only against them, but against their God may be the only way for some of them to entertain the thoughts of individual liberty.

By the way, Jason, I love the rewording! Made me smile, even though Im sure anonymous is hopping up and down, even angrier than he was when he posted his last comment! Which, oddly, sounded even more bitter than he claims you are!

Null said...

You know, I never understood why homosexuality was supposedly immoral, either.

If anything, I would have expected the godfella to have preferred just one gender on earth, with two men making a new man-baby. If nothing else (like the woman-hating thing) it could have increased its collection of foreskins far faster.

What is the obsession with foreskins, anyway?

Anonymous said...

Null, you are sick - get help!

Jason Hughes said...

Null--LOL!

I have yet to receieve an adequate explanation for why homosexuality is so "immoral" as all they have is their bible to back them up...

And I have no idea why YHWH was so concerned about penis's either... If you aks me, that makes YHWH the sick one, not you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Null said...

You know, I never understood why homosexuality was supposedly immoral, either.

If anything, I would have expected the godfella to have preferred just one gender on earth, with two men making a new man-baby. If nothing else (like the woman-hating thing) it could have increased its collection of foreskins far faster.

What is the obsession with foreskins, anyway?

Jason Hughes said...

I reworked your comment, Slappy, to reflect the reality of what you were trying to say but couldn't:

Okay, apparently you (know I am) are bitter AND dense! I have made it very clear that (since I can't find anything to back up my claims, I will stick with generalizations that) every one of your posts that are about (the unexistant) God, (moronic, fundamentalist) Christians, etc. are (yes, they are) teeming with bitterness! I thank you for giving me until Monday (but because I am such a) (freak) (and know I don't have a snowball's chance in hell) to come up with something, but I dont need that long (to realize the futility of my position). EVERYONE READING THIS (knows Jason is right and I was wrong): In reference to (my claims of) Jason's bitterness toward God and "Fundies", (I was wrong; if you) please see all posts concerning the aforementioned God and Fundies (you'll realize he just points out god's nonexitsance and fundamentalist idiocy and hypocrisy). THANK YOU. (Oh yes, I forgot, I do not live in Tennessee, but I hear it is a beautiful place (for fundamentalist morons such as myself to get to the heart of the bible belt).......I do however live in Pennsylvania as you do (so I have hope in escpaing my religious prison in the growing secular Northeast area), maybe we are even neighbors, wouldnt that be interesting?) (I am) Sincerely, (truly) Obtuse...

mel said...

what's wrong with tennessee?

Rob said...

I dont see that Jason made any claims, he simply asked you to back up yours.

I think you failed, Anonymous.

Thats a shame as I was looking forward to what you would use to back up what you said about him. Ive been reading his blog for a time now and I have to say Ive come to vastly differing conclusions than you, Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

you cocksuckers like to stick together, don't you?

you silly faggots are going to burn in hell.