Friday, December 1, 2006

I Am Really Hating People Today...

I can't wait to get home. Curl up on the couch with my pizza and a cold drink. Dog laying beside me begging for food while we watch something good on TV (or, barring that, a good movie I already own...) and ignore the phone, the doorbell, and my e-mail...

Yes, people, the Morons are out in full force today:
  1. Some guy almost rear-ended me as going 70 mph down Rt 100 wasn't quite fast enough for him, and when I had to brake suddenly, he had to swerve off the road. Many brakes were heard to be squealing, but it serves the idiots right.
  2. A woman pulled a U-turn on a six-lane intersection during this early afternoon's Nor-Easter. Wind is driving the rain down at gusts of up to 55 mph, and she's trying to pull a U-turn at a major intersection...
  3. Coming back from the bank, a semi decided he couldn't make that left turn into the industrial parking lot, and got quasi-stuck in the middle of the road for about fifteen minutes.
  4. The designer on my first book has decided that, even though he changed specs three times just to force it down to a certain number of pages, causing it to be late and rush as it has to ship back to the client today, decided to take the rest of the day off, not approving the specs. Client will now get a book that I'm not sure they want to look at. Designer hopefully will bear the brunt of this as I had to work my ass off to get this project done by this point.
  5. I hate--loathe--ABHOR--touchy-feely people that, when given an entire deck that is about 20 x 20 feet, ... BACK THE FUCK OFF!
  6. A fifth person now has asked me to creatively decide for them what to get/how to get/how to buy/whom to get what type question.... Whatever happened to autonomy? I am not
    1. a professional shopper
    2. a free-lance designer
    3. a computer technician
  7. Mom, this is not about you! :)

I can't wait for today to be OVER!!! Ugh! Thank you all for your comments earlier, sorry I haven't had time to respond at all yet, but I will probably tomorrow when I've had my relaxing no-people-bothering-me time alone... And Ann--the ice cream cake was gone that same night!!! Thanks again for that! Loved every bite of it too! Talk to you all later!

No comments: