Thursday, March 23, 2006

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

So I was talking to my parents last night, and my mother brought up that name... you know, Fred Phelps. She had just heard of him for the first time ever like two days ago while watching Good Morning America. My first response was, "What rock have you been hiding under?"

But then as we talked further about this hateful little man, it became clear--she had no reason to have heard of him before. His hateful kind have never targeted housewives before. Regardless, though, Good Morning America let her know what vile pigs they were, but in a much more polite way...

And then I thought, I wonder what he has to say for himself about this picketing of soldiers' funerals? I, for one, while I certainly do not support the war in and of itself, there isn't a day goes by I don't hope the soldiers are all safe, hope that Dancing Monkey Bush does a better job at getting them the supplies they need, hoping they finally (even though I know he doesn't) have a plan to get our troops home... I do not support the reasons we went there, but now that we are there, we need to do everything in our power to make sure that

  1. The soldiers get anything and everything they need to do their job.
  2. The President knows that he's an idiot and no one believes his lies about why we're there (except other idiots).
But Phelps? What's his take on the whole picketing of funerals? We all know why he pickets the funerals of gay people--because he's a hateful little man who strongly believes that being gay is sinful... I'll simply say, he has every right to believe that, not that I agree, but I also do not think he should be picketing funerals... Regardless, back to what I was saying before, this is what Phelps has to say on his website about picketing the soldiers' funerals...

Why do you picket soldiers' funerals?
Here are some axiomatic matters of fact:
  • These turkeys are not heroes. They are lazy, incompetent idiots looking for jobs because they're not qualified for honest work.
  • They were raised on a steady diet of fag propaganda in the home, on TV, in church, in school, in mass media - everywhere - the two-pronged lie:
    1. It's OK to be gay; and,
    2. Anyone saying otherwise, like WBC, is a hatemonger who must be vilified, demonized, marginalized into silence.
Therefore, with full knowledge of what they were doing, they voluntarily joined a fag-infested army to fight for a fag-run country now utterly and finally forsaken by God who Himself is fighting against that country.
They turned America
Over to fags;
They're coming home
In body bags.
America used an IED to bomb Westboro Baptist Church on August 20,1995 - an act of terror aimed at terrorizing us into discontinuing our nationwide Gospel preaching against the homosexual menace.

When America thus became WBC's terrorist, God became America's Terrorist.

So, why do I do this to myself? So that you can all know that the wolf is really a scared little puppy with a brain the size of a baby birds. If you ever do happen to meet the Phelps clan, tell them god is still waiting to hear from them... and he does not accept collect calls... No really, the Bible tells me so... It does!!

Can I just say, though, if god really is working against America and is terrorizing us, he's doing a piss-poor job... unless Dancing Monkey Bush is our punishment... in that case, god's just hired yet another incompetant servant...

3 comments:

Bill said...

Fred Phelps; the man everyone loves to hate. Normally I would say it was wrong to hate anyone but as this guy seems to support the idea that God is Hate rather than God is love, I think hating him might be pardonable.

That said, While I know you are no great fan of the Christian faith, speaking as a Christian, please don't confuse Phelps with anything Christian. Phelps is more worthy of our pity for his obvious mental disorder (see Wikipedia for more details) than our attention for his perversion of Christianity.

Jason Hughes said...

While Phelps claims himself to be a "christian" as it were, I hope I in no way implied that he represented all christians... I do tend to lump and generalize the religious followers as a whole, but when it does come to Phelps, he's in his own ball park...

Kel said...

I think it's disgusting that they would picket soldier's funerals. Just one more reason to prove to me that God has no control over killing someone because that ass would have to get run over by a truck, struck by lightning, fall on ice and crack his head open, fall out of a plane, have a heart attack, get attacked by the mafia, get shot, get stabbed, get raped and then stabbed by a big man if God had any compassion.

:)

And yes, I believe in that order, too.

And....I'm ALIVE!! What's a blog?

PS: Sure, I'll be here this weekend, but no overtime for me!! How bad does THAT suck?

And if Alissa doesn't respond about our Lost theories, she's sure as hell not responding about the TAX GUIDE! Sheesh.