Thursday, March 2, 2006

So I Was in a Bad Mood...

... yesterday. I realize that now. And I should learn to lighten up. But here it is, March 2, my daffodils and tulips started coming up in January (when the average temp was in the high fifties), and now we are getting 3 to 6 inches of snow. I'm sure they'll never bloom now. I also had a dream last night that was very depressing for me personally, as I stated to myself that I would never be a father. I'm sure this is in part due to the fact that every year I know of at least three pregnant persons in my semi-social circles and beyond. I myself have become an uncle every year for the last 5 years. And the fact that I am poor was probably also a factor.

It's hard to have hope for the future sometimes, especially during the winter blah season. I would like to state that this feeling in no way detracts from my happiness and hope for all the wonderful families already in progress at this point, and if I were more superstitious, I might feel that this post would cause even more bad news for myself and others. But even I am not that self-centered, although at times we all are.

Anyway, I'm off to find a happy thought.

1 comment:

Kel said...

I hear ya! It's like your brain is telling you that there's only so many babies allotted out at one time and everyone else got them. It doesn't make sense, but it's kind of how you feel.

But don't give up hope...you're going to make a really awesome dad.