Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I Am Slowly Going Crazy...

Crazy going slowly am I...

Okay, I have no idea where that ditty is from, but it's sung to a little tune, and on days like this it gets stuck in my head, round and round and round...

I am slowly going crazy,
Crazy going slowly am I...


I dunno whether it's because it got cold again, if it's due to getting up in the middle of a great sex dream, or what, but everyone is getting on my nerves over silly little things that normally I would just shrug off.

Such is life.

I have decided that I am doing nothing tonight. How is this different from my normal nights, you say? Well, usually there's playing fetch with the dog for about an hour (and it only ever ends because I get tired of it, not he), making something for dinner, doing either a load of dishes or laundry (whichever is piled higher), talking to one of the following on the phone:
  • Mom
  • Sister 1 (Sylvia)
  • Sister 2 (Cynthia)
  • Tammy
  • Scott
  • Courtney

and then watching a little something on the boob-tube. Tonight I would skip straight to the boob-tube, but even that is boring lately. I haven't played SimCity for a while, but that's boring, too. I've mastered every game for my GameCube except Metroid (cause it's just a royal pain in the ass). I have no inspiration for my artwork, and since I read at work all day, a good book is the last thing I want to curl up with...

This week is just plain dragging...

I wish for nice weather, to get my hands in the dirt and garden! I found these two great, really old porch railings in Germansville on my way home last night--beauties! I even know where I want to put them in my flower garden--right along the stone pathway leading from the front yard to the side where the pool is, where the clematis vines can wind around them (along with my annual morning glories!), with hostas along the bottom and a row of ostrich ferns behind to set off the deep black I will paint them... We have a Japanese cherry that hangs over the path as well, and since I'll be replacing the old cracked faux concrete stones this year with real ones from my parent's and in-laws properties, it's gonna look fantastic! And along the other side of the house (where the neighbors house is only ten feet from mine... that was almost the deal-breaker for not buying this house), I plan on planting oriental daylillies, tiger lilies, balloon flowers, perennial geraniums, and to trim back the severely overgrown fire bushes...

But it's 40 degrees today, and is supposed to be for the rest of the five-day forecast, apparently, with snow showers expected Thursday night into Friday... :(

Remember on Monday when it was 75 with a slight breeze?

I am slowly going crazy,
Crazy going slowly am I...

No comments: