Monday, January 9, 2006

Christians...

Okay, I know I've already posted something today, but now that I am not smoking, my mind is racing to fill the void of mindless chatter and a nicotine high...

Why does the Moral Majority have such a victim complex? "They're taking prayer out of schools!" "They will incur the wrath of God by not talking about Intelligent Design!" "They took away God's law from the courthouse!" "We're turning our backs on God!"

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose it could have something to do with the whole Christian thing being based upon victimization to begin with. I mean, Eve was simply a victim of Satan as Snake... Adam was a victim of Eve's new worldly temptations and manipulations... Now we are all "victims" of this original sin and need "saved" by Jesus' blood... And so the cycle continues...

So I suppose that now that they are "freed" from their sin nature by God's grace, they are now victims' of the world... Everything the world does creates a victim out of them...

Of course, our whole world today is "victimized"... like the woman who sued Mickey D's for the coffee thing. I just read an article about a man suing Pizza Hut because their jalepeno poppers caused his wife to burn her mouth and he was denied "comfort" and "relations" by her. So she is suing for being burned, and he is suing for emotional damages. I wonder if they're Christians?

1 comment:

Kel said...

Hahaha...I hope the whole "denying relations" thing doesn't catch on, or there will be a lot of lawsuits filed by men in this country!

(Or so I hear.)